Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Some Firsts

Here are some of the firsts Anders has had in his first week of life (in a few hours he will be 1 week old).His first walk in his fancy jogging stroller.  We went a little over a mile Monday and Tuesday.  Lucy wasn't happy either day, I think mostly because she likes early morning walks not mid afternoon walks.  I still hope we can work our way up to morning walks.

He slept through his first walk.  He woke up on his second walk and got crabby.  He isn't a big fan of his car seat.

His first night of sleeping with Lucy, who decided she should be on the bed.  She changed her mind a few minutes later.  He also got his lick on the head from her today, it was a small lick, but acknowledgement nonetheless.

His first bottle.  This only went marginally well.  He had about half of it and then I gave in and nursed him.  We will have to try again.

Anders also had his first appointment with the doctor today - it was just a one week follow up appointment.  The doctor, who is also my doctor and the one who delivered him, was very impressed with his strength.  She was also pleased to see that he now weighs 7 pounds 9 ounces.  I think we maybe have mentioned that this kid likes to eat.  Anyway, he is good shape and doesn't have to go back until my 6 week appointment.  She also said I can start running now and doing yoga and sit-ups any time I want.  Very cool, now if I can just find the time...

Lastly, the doctor noticed how much Anders looks like Will.  It is true - at this point I don't see anything that resembles me other than his fingernails - I should maybe take a picture of those.  Here is an interesting picture of Will with his dad, I swear this could be now.  If you go to Bill and Kathie's blog there are some more comparisons.  There is a link over to the right of this page.  


9 comments:

W.F. Decker said...

You're looking good, Sandy! He'll get used to that car seat--babies love to sleep in the car, as you know. Nice to know Lucy is warming up to him, albeit slowly.

Sarah said...

You look awesome, Sam! Neat pictures!

Betsy said...

Okay- am I the only one who understands why Anders didn't want to finish his bottle?!??! Would you want to finish all your milk before your dad let you have some of those Chips Ahoy?!?!
Here's what Henry has to say about the same picture:
"Aw. Isn't he cute?" (He says that about every picture of him) and then he said:
"It looks like he's clapping with his feet!"

amber c. said...

you look fantastic, sandy! great to hear the first week is going well!

Anonymous said...

yeah, pretty sure he wants the chips ahoy. And he might want to check his email, too.

fredecker said...

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I feel great. We did decide last night that we need to lay off the Chips Ahoy. For some reason both Will and I have had a craving for them since Anders was born. And yes, I think Henry is correct - Anders does seem to be clapping his feet. He is very talented. - Sandy

Anonymous said...

Chips Ahoy huh ????? I was wondering what the blue pkg. was...thought it must be an unopened baby present! Guess it's time to get my glasses adjusted. Glad you guys are doing well...mom

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Lucy is adjusting. I'll pay her lots of attention when I come so she feels attended to.

Kathie

zinncaulfield said...

great pictures! Sam--are you sure you were pregnant? Wow, the resemblance in the last photo is amazing!