Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rainy day

Today I was up from 3:30 to 4:30 am with Anders and it was pouring out.  Our 3 rain barrels, which were frequently dry this summer, are overflowing.  As a side note, Anders slept from 10:30 last night until 3:30 - this is great, but made me nervous so Will got up at 3:00 to check his breathing.  

The rain continued off and on all day, so here is what some residents of the house did, for most of the day.

I started the search for my non-maternity clothes, many of which were stashed away in a random fashion.  It is kind of fun to get my other clothes out, but I really would have loved to get some use out of my summer clothes.  Oh well, next year.  

I finally gave in and took a nap this afternoon.  I woke up about an hour later and the sun was out, so I quick threw in a load laundry and grabbed Anders for some more Vitamin D treatment.  He didn't even wake up, but soaked up some rays.  And now it is pouring again so I cannot hang out the clothes.  Tricky.  

Will continues to work hard on the bathroom floor.  The goal is to have the toilet in before he leaves for the football game tomorrow.  And before anybody freaks out, I've told Will for months that he could go to the big game if the baby was born before the game.  I have no issues with this, I think Will is more conflicted about it than I am.  I personally don't envy him - the game would be fun to go to, but he is going to spend a lot of time in the car for such a short visit.  Hopefully the game will be a good one. 

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Oh! That's a very handy spot for the toilet! It's nice and tucked away.
Good for you for napping! You do have to take care of yourself too.

Anonymous said...

Yea for rainy days and naps. The floor is looking good. How will your guests squeeze under there to use the loo?

zinncaulfield said...

Yes, great job giving in and taking a nap. Rainy here today too. Cam said today, "We go on plane to see my new cousin?" I'm looking at flights--what are the dates in October that you're gone?

Anonymous said...

d'oh! betsy and joyce beat me to joking about the location of the toilet...
anyway, i'm glad to see that the swing has been useful!
xo to anders from aunt carrie :)