Saturday, July 04, 2009

July 4, 2009

Ug...will this night ever end?  It isn't even 10 pm yet and the noise outside is out of control.  We are hoping that Anders sleeps through it.  This is just all the people in the neighborhood having fun - the official city "Red, White and Boom" hasn't started yet.  Hopefully people will run out of their fireworks soon.   We think the people who started celebrating the 4th last night did wake Anders up briefly.  


So, Anders turned 10 months old today.  To celebrate we rode over to one of our local farmers markets.  Ah, Will just closed the window closest to us.  Ok, back to the day.  So we went on a 16 or so mile bike ride broken up half way by some time at the farmers market where we got some tasty food and some more basil for the garden.  We also stopped by the nature center near our house - oddly, I have never been there.   We found out that our neighborhood had a couple of large swimming pools way back when.  They were built because kids kept drowning after doing crazy things like diving off of bridges into the Mississippi.   I wouldn't be surprised if Anders did crazy things like that some day - he seems to be into climbing and reaching for things out of his reach lately.   This next picture might be my favorite.  


If you look at the top of the side of the oven, you can see a digital thermometer and some magnetic hooks there.  They are up there so that they are out of Anders' reach - they aren't.  A few minutes after I took this picture, he was on his toes getting the thermometer.


Then he was after stuff on my bedside table.  


Today Anders got busy climbing on things. 
 

And learning about fulcrums. 


Tonight he had a delicious meal of lentils, carrots and brown rice with cottage cheese, with an avocado appetizer, and then he tried (and loved) the halibut we had for dinner.   He did his funny little hand wave and said "mmmmmmmmm" when I gave him the halibut.  It was quite good.  Then he relaxed while Will and I finished dinner.  He might need some manners training from Eleanor though...


Also, I made some peach ice cream tonight.  I've very excited about it.  It is going to be delicious - I might already know by having a few tastes.  I seem to be into peaches these days.  

Ok, the noise is sort of better.  Hopefully we will get some sleep tonight. 

4 comments:

Goldenzinns said...

Love the great photos and antics of Anders. What fun you two are going to have. I especially love the relaxed after dinner pose. Can't wait to come in August

Sarah said...

I love the first picture- I think it's very funny!

zinncaulfield said...

I feel like I'm seeing a bit more of Sandy in Anders in the photos. Super cute kid!

Tom said...

OK, so I MAY have ACCIDENTLY taught him the foot on the dinner table thing while Sandy was at the Lab one day---------Sorry!!!

Great Uncle Tom