Monday, July 13, 2009

Busy! Busy! Busy!

We had another very busy weekend.  I cannot remember the last time we had a weekend with nothing do to.  We aren't very good at doing nothing actually, so even if we had a weekend like that, I'm sure we would fill it up.   To start things off, Anders practiced walking sideways - he went all the way to the kitchen like this.  


After that, he and I went for a quick 3 mile run.  I don't have any pictures, but lately he gets very, very excited when he sees the jogging stroller.  In fact, on Thursday, we were heading for it and I forgot something and when I turned away from the stroller he got really upset.  After our run, he took a nice 2 hour nap and I mopped the floors.   

After lunch we headed out for a 47 mile bike ride.  Anders took his afternoon nap in the Burley, which he loves as much as the jogging stroller.  Hopefully that will be his attitude towards canoes...


He also loves water bottles.  So we rode from home out west to Wayzata then south along Lake Minnetonka, or rather some of the many bays on the lake.


Then stopped in Excelsior for a little break.   The weather was perfect - 75 and sunny, it was actually a little chilly in the shade.   We were on bike trails for 90% of the ride, which was nice, but crowded.


We relaxed and watched the boats on Lake Minnetonka and the people in the park.  Then we went and got some custard and frozen yogurt, neither of which Anders liked.  I guess he was spoiled by my peach ice cream (which I made with a modern Cuisinart, Carrie).  Then we headed home, which was still 22 miles away.   This was Anders' longest bike ride ever and he was so good.  He used to get upset when we rode over bumps, but there was no fussing on this ride.  What a guy! 


After dinner, it was time for all of us to get cleaned up.  Anders finished up his big day with some big splashing. 

Then on Sunday, oh good the font is mysteriously blue again, anyway, we went to the flea market and got suckered into buying Anders another bike.  We are bike crazy.  He isn't even a year old and has 2 bikes already.  He is bike crazy too - he loves to check them out.  This one needs some work - it was only $4.  He will now have his choice between riding the yellow bike with the old school seat or the blue bike with the banana seat.  


Then, what?  What is up with this font changing?  Arrggghhh!   He wrapped up his Sunday playing in the water again.   It was a good weekend. 


Oh!  I just remembered a first we had with Anders.  I was feeding him dinner on Saturday and he reached over, put his hand on my leg and then dug his nails in.  I said ouch and told him not to do that.  The next thing he did was look at me with those big blue eyes, and then lean forward and put his hand on my knee and then look at me again and then DIG HIS NAILS INTO MY LEG!  It was one of those moments when I knew I needed to not laugh, but it was so funny to watch him think through that whole cause and effect process.  He tried it about 10 more times and I finally moved my leg out of his reach, but it was interesting.  He also has been copying us lately with fake sneezes, coughs and other random things.  It is very interesting to see him pick these things up.  Ok, bed time for me. 

5 comments:

Betsy said...

Hi Anders. I think you are very clever. I can't wait to see you again soon and give you big hugs. I hope you don't pinch my leg.
XO,
Auntie Betsy

W.F. Decker said...

Anders likes checking out bikes and his dad likes having one more thing to "fix up." Anders is a wonderful little boy, and he is lucky to have parents who are showing him the good things in life. It is hard to imagine his not being into canoes, bikes, and "fixing things up." And ice cream, and teasing his mom, and ... With that sideways walking, maybe he'll be a dancer too--he would get that from his mom, of course.

Sarah said...

Isn't it fun to see a baby's mind work? I love to watch Drew figure things out and imitate, too. It's very funny. Can't wait to see you guys!

zinncaulfield said...

Glad he is enjoying the jogger and Burley so much! Cam still likes to go for runs (or walks lately) with me! Start them young!

Anonymous said...

be ever watchful of that little guy around those buckets - if a toddler were to fall head first into one of those with water in it there is no way he can right himself - mom