Thursday, July 23, 2009

Filling in for Lucy

Today Anders and I went for a 5-mile run.  I need to start training first for the Twin Cities 10 mile race on Oct. 4th, which I am doing as a training run for the Des Moines Half Marathon on Oct 18th (both with my sister Sarah, though I suspect she will leave me in the dust).  So, off we went for our first 5 miler ever and my first 5 mile run in well over a year since I stopped running when I was pregnant in January.  It went well, but let me tell you, running with a jogging stroller looks a lot easier than it is.   Plus I'm out of shape.  Plus, I've been sleeping like crap lately.  Anyway, I generally have a smoothie for breakfast after I go for a run and Lucy used to love to lick the glass when I was done (which sounds kind of gross, I know, but whatever - the glasses got washed afterwards).  She was even known to try to sneak a taste before I was done with the smoothie.   Well, it seems she isn't the only one who wants a taste...





Ok, now I'm sad.  I miss Lucy.  I've been reading a book (The Story of Edgar Sawtelle) that has made me think about her a lot lately.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised when I miss her at random times.

5 comments:

Goldenzinns said...

No you shouldn't be surprised and Lucy would be so glad to know you are running again and taking Anders with you. She liked Anders.

amber c. said...

Sorry about the doggy blues. I, too, am signed up for the DM half. It seemed like such a good idea back in April. However, now I'm only up to three miles and thinking I won't get much past that tethered to a jogging stroller. More power to you!

Sarah said...

You're right- running with a stroller is not easy work, but it makes those longer runs without the stroller seem so fast and awesome! You can do this! And I'm sure I won't "leave you in the dust," as you say. Sorry about missing Lucy. I know that is hard. Keep up the good running!

zinncaulfield said...

Running with a stroller makes you stronger and faster! Keep it up! I trained for the Denver Marathon with Cam in the stroller a lot! Missing Lucy with you...

Anonymous said...

Does Anders know my phone no. yet? grammie