Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy as a Clam

Hi All,

I went to the doctor again today and well, no change.  Clocker Baby is happy with the status quo. My doctor will be back next week and I have my next appointment I think on Tuesday, so maybe we will know more then.  

In the meantime, we continue to visit day care centers and Will is working on the bathroom floor. I'm not including a picture because right now all it looks like is a grey floor as he has just finished cutting and fitting the cement board for the floor.  Our toilet is still safe in the backyard for those of you that are worried.  

A quick work update: many of you know that our Cedar Rapids lab was flooded in early June.  It was in the heart of downtown CR and had at least 7 feet of water inside.   Well, the company has decided to not reopen the lab which is really bad for all those employees (who were offered jobs at all of our sister labs including mine), but it is good for my lab as well as some of our sister labs.  Preliminary numbers for growth at my lab look to be around $800K/year in revenues but there could be more.  This is exciting for me as my lab hasn't experienced significant growth for several years.  Lots of changes on the horizon...

Hope everyone is doing well. 

1 comment:

zinncaulfield said...

Clocker will be ready soon enough. Wow, good news for your lab, but very sad for all those employees.