Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend Goings On

I'm going out of town this afternoon for the remainder of the week, so I decided to hang out with Anders for the day. We started the day with some bus watching. We seem to be on at least 3 bus routes, maybe 4 - it is very exciting.



Anders likes to stand on the window sill for a different point of view.


Next, we headed for the play ground at the nearby elementary school. It was around 25 degrees or so, but nice and sunny.


Anders loved the slide, until the one time when he went a little fast and ended up laying down at the bottom.


This thing was only kind of fun for him, despite the smile.


This weird swing was his favorite thing.


He wanted to walk home - this is what happens when you let him walk home. So I put him back in the stroller and got to the corner of our street and let him walk the last block home. I bet that took us a good 15 minutes. We met some of our neighbors that we didn't previously know. They have a 2 year old and I cannot remember the mom's name - annoying! At any rate, I think we have some good play time ahead of us this summer. They were heading out to take Huxley snowboarding - people after my own heart - we just ordered skis for Anders (skis is one of his words).


After our big trip (we were gone for 1.5 hours) we came home and had a smoothie together. Anders loves smoothies. Now I'm hoping for a good nap as I need to pack!

The rest of the pictures are from this weekend. We weren't too busy - stayed home and watched the Olympics, Anders and I went for a 4 mile run both days (for some reason my quads are killing me - I think from pushing the stroller in the snow), went to music and walked around in the snow.

Will's mom called shortly after Anders and I got home from music. Anders was playing in the living room when suddenly it got very quiet. I discovered him in the back bedroom.


I have no idea how he knows this is a phone, but he does. Will and I never use it, but it is plugged in and now a favorite toy.


He is getting better about putting things away - they are working on this at school.


I also went to REI and discovered they were having their super clearance - an additional 50% off anything ending in .83 - REI Super Clearance and Scratch and Dent sales are a good way to get some good deals.


Here he is modeling his new rain coat. The pants that I bought to go with it come up to his shoulders. This will be good in a few years - hopefully they will keep the rain away on a canoe trip!


Some hijinks were had in the box that Will's new bike came in. Actually, Anders might think it is his bike - I heard him say "me bike" on Sunday.



And Anders got to eat his first piece of toast without having it cut into tiny pieces! I wasn't there for this, but Will said he ate it right up.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I really love the pictures of Anders bundled up in his snow gear and of him and Will in the box. So adorable! I miss you guys!

zinncaulfield said...

Yes, I got a good giggle out of the box pic too. Enjoyed all the pics though.