Sunday, March 07, 2010

Catching Up...Again

Why is it that I feel like I am in a perpetual cycle of catching up? I'm trying to remember when it last was that I actually had real free time where I had absolutely nothing I had to do? Anyway, here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks.

Anders made some wrapping paper for me to use to wrap presents for his cousin's birthdays. Drew just turned two and Cam will be 4 very soon. This highlighter was left out by his dad and one of us (I think it was me) gave it to him to use. He now loves markers way more than crayons. He looks like a very serious artist at work here.

He found some M&M's in Grammie's bag. Nothing is safe from him any more - he can climb pretty much anything these days and does. Thankfully he cannot doorknobs yet.


Ah, the new skis. It was a very exciting day when we opened the skis. Anders was very excited about them. Skis in one of his words - it sounds more like keys though.


Once we got outside on the snow (aka "no") he was a little less confident, but did well. There were a few tears involved and now the snow is melting away, so we probably won't make it out again this winter, though I'm sure there is a huge March storm in store for us.


The other morning he decided to take some of my shoes for a spin. This is the first time I've seen him do this.


So the highlighter led to washable markers. He did get some on the paper, despite how it looks.


And some on his face...


And some on his shirt. He didn't want to pose for this picture. Thankfully, the markers truly are washable and the shirt is clean again.


Saturday morning I was sitting across from Will, eating breakfast and looked out the front window behind him and saw this!


Yep, that is a wild turkey walking down our street, right in the middle of Minneapolis. Anders and I looked for it on our way to music about 45 minutes later, but it wasn't in plain sight.
Crazy!


Out of laziness, or rather being behind-ness, I have a laundry basket full of diapers in the living room and we just started changing his diapers downstairs for the day. Well, that led to trying some more time on the toilet and Anders ended up pooping and peeing in it twice. It was very exciting for all of us!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the ski pictures! How adorable! And good job, Anders, on all the potty stuff!

Goldenzinns said...

Fun post. Love all the pictures. I think a reward for the potty success may be in the future...M&Ms maybe? I also love him with your shoes on and the drawing pictures etc. So CUTE!

Betsy said...

That first picture of him on the skis is one of the cutest things I've ever seen.
Also...his cousin-twin Clara eats M&Ms the same way.

W.F. Decker said...

As soon as I can get a Birkebeiner application, I'm signing the boy up for the Barnebirkie.

fredecker said...

Since he loves to flush the toilet, that is the reward for using it. Also today he started tearing up tissues and tossing them in his toilet.

Anders said...

op;;;;;;;;;;;;;
'///.

followed by "oh-oh!"

Goldenzinns said...

When I was little I loved M&Ms but now I'd rather flush the toilet.

Bill Hansen said...

Next time he's out on skis, take a large rubber ball out and have him kick it and chase it with his skis. I've used this technique for years with preschoolers and it works like a charm. They learn to handle the skis without realizing that they are skiing. Be prepared to set him back on his feet a few hundred times though.

zinncaulfield said...

Love the pics as always. Cam was worried about the turkey crossing the street.