Monday, January 24, 2011

Snowshoeing

We decided to brave the cold, cold temperatures - 0 degrees and windy, but sunny - to try out Anders' new snowshoes, which Will made him for Christmas.


I feel like Anders looks like the nerdy guy in Better off Dead in his winter clothes here.


He had some good moments.


And had to be picked up and set right a few times.


He needed some hand holding to get moving, our goal was a "tunnel" created by a tree - Anders is very, very fond of tunnels.



There was also some falling down. Actually in this case, he just decided to lay down.


I fell down too, but I didn't cry about it.


We finally made it to the tree tunnel.


Ok, so if you are like me, you've just spent 5 minutes laughing to the point of tears at this picture. Will and I have had a disagreement about who looks more hilarious - him or me? My vote is that he does, I feel like I look normal. Anders looks cute though.


This is how Anders got back to the car - he was DONE snowshoeing. Ironically, later in the day when my mom asked if he had fun snowshoeing, he said he did! Maybe that means he will go out again some day.

6 comments:

Betsy said...

That family picture is SO effing cute!! (Pardon my internet-French.) You must print it out and hang it in your dining room.
Also...I want a copy.

joyceetta said...

Will looks more hilarious.
And....I LOVE those photos of Anders. I'm surprised he could even lift his feet considering how bundled up he is.

W.F. Decker said...

Of course he had fun. Any boy who gets to spend such quality time with his parents couldn't do anything but have fun.

Goldenzinns said...

Sorry Will but I agree with Joyce, You look more hilarious! Great photos and at least you all got some fresh air even if it was cold.

zinncaulfield said...

Yep, agree that Will looks more hilarious. It's maybe the biggest smile I've ever seen out of you Will! Great picture all in all!

Sarah said...

Love the pictures, esp. the family one! And Will definitely looks more hilarious, but in a good way. Tell him he gets the award for happiest person in the picture. Looks like lots of fun!