Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lefse!

A few weekends ago I thought it was high time that Anders learn to carry on the family tradition of making lefse. This is a tradition passed down from my Norwegian grandma Lenore and from her mom, etc. Anders was very helpful.


First we worked on kneading the dough, which is made from potatoes and flour.


Then we had to sort it out into smaller balls.


Then Anders got bored while I rolled out the lefse. Oh, and please note it was a ponytail day.


Then he decided to help me a bit.


Playing with the sticks was fun.


He even helped me move the lefse from the pastry board to the grill.


Anders left to take a nap and I finished up, he did pretty well for his first time. Next year he is on his own.

5 comments:

Betsy said...

But how did it taste?!?!?

Goldenzinns said...

I love the ponytails, yours and his. Is there any lefse left?

Sarah said...

Great ponytails! The lefse looks good. I'm glad you're carrying on the family tradition, because I'm sure never going to do it!

zinncaulfield said...

Yum! I'll take an order! Impressed that you took that on with Anders!

Anonymous said...

Are those light sabers Anders was using to make lefse with? grammie ( of non-Norwegian descent )