Saturday, October 02, 2010

So we found a thing...

OK, so Rob and I were digging some post holes in his back yard for a deck extension...
We dug this thing up. It was less than a foot from the foundation of his house in the top 10" of soil.
It's not metal or wood. It's kind of a reddish/brown mahogany color with two partial rings around one end, the rings are whitish/tan. It's pretty light weight, probably lighter than if it was a piece of pine the same size.
So I have one idea of what it is but it's really just a guess and I'm not going to bias anyone by saying what I think.
If anyone knows what this thing is Rob and I would love to hear your theories.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Petrified poop.

Sue said...

I'm guessing a shell or a horn -
probably placed there by a zombie.

joyceetta said...

I believe it is a Sea Urchine spine. Probably a remnant of a wind chime previously hung near the house.

joyceetta said...

http://cgi.ebay.com/SH-120-Sea-Urchin-Spines-8-pcs-/220674259512?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336135fa38