Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Rare Moment

When I started this post, I was taking a rare moment in which I was the one relaxing in front of a football game and Will and Anders were upstairs doing something. It was nice while it lasted, except that I feel like crap. I may have a cold and allergies at the same time - all I know is that I cannot stop sneezing and it is making my nose red and my head hurt.

We had a whirl wind weekend with family in town for Will's cousin Sarah's wedding. It was a very nice wedding, Sarah looked gorgeous in her dress. Congratulations to Sarah and Josh! Here are some pictures from the reception, where the kids tore up the dance floor.


This might be my favorite picture from the night. The couple's first dance and what is that in the background? Oh Clara! So cute!


Check out Henry's fancy moves.


Anders also had lots of fancy moves including some kicks...


Some fancy walking...


Dancing a with a cork, while Clara rests a little or maybe that is one of her moves.

And he also included some jumping in his repertoire. It was a fun reception, Pete was a great DJ, and the kids crashed when we got home.

Here are a few pictures from our weekend up at the lake. We had lots of work to do and Anders pitched in.


We had lots of timbers from the timber framing classes taken in the last two summers that needed stacking. If you enlarge the picture you might notice the gloves he has on - we bought some kid-sized work gloves after the trip was over.



We also took some time to go out in the canoe, or 'noo as Anders calls it. He loved it, which was a relief because his first time in a canoe last year consisted of a lot of yelling and crying.


He went "up, up high" many times on his own, which was alarming. Being up high and pointing out other things that are up high is favorite thing for him.


This was so cute. Will and I were working hard to stack wood the last day before we left and we looked up and he was bringing us this 2x4.


Couldn't resist the typical spaghetti face picture.

Oh and one final thing - I have a piece of scrap paper batting around there that says, "honey, no stop it" which is what he said to me when I was washing off his face one day.

Ok, free time is over, Anders just peed on the rug. Dang it!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like a fun wedding. I liked your outfit. I also love all the pics of being up north. Anders seems like he's already a big help up there! And I had to LOL at the end of your post! :-)

zinncaulfield said...

Enjoyed the pics. Glad it was a good weekend. Looking forward to next weekend!

Goldenzinns said...

Ditto to Sarah and Becky.