Wednesday, September 16, 2009

This Past Weekend

I feel like this past weekend was really busy. Anders and I started Saturday with a quick 3 mile run and then I went to get my haircut. I stopped in at my favorite Twin Cities yarn store (Crafty Planet) and almost bought some more yarn. Luckily they didn't have 3 skeins in one dye lot. I certainly have enough knitting projects, but I kind of wanted to do something for myself. Anyway, after that I rushed home and got my bike and Anders ready and about 10 minutes later we rode over to the park to meet up with Beth and Will, giving Will some peace and quiet in which to watch Iowa crush Iowa State.


I think the park is called Mississippi North Regional Park. We went there in June with Sarah, Mike, Zach and Drew. Beth and the boys and I ate a little lunch at this cute little picnic table. It was just the right size for Anders McClimbs-a-lot and Will, who was very good about hanging out and eating his lunch, that is until he decided to go exploring.


There was lots of sand to play in. The boys really seemed to like it. I was pretty surprised to find no sand in Anders' diaper when we got home though. Sadly the little wading pool was closed (I guess most pools get closed in MN after Labor Day), this was too bad because I know Anders would have loved to play in the water.


Will demonstrated his survival skills and showed us that he knows how to find edible snacks out in nature. This is good as he is sure to have many outdoor adventures in the next several years with his parents!


Despite being at the exciting park, Anders decided to spend a fair amount of time with one of his favorite things - the bike trailer. Bikes are special favorites for him, but really, anything with wheels like a bike really catch his attention. You may notice that I only have one bike shoe on the ground there. That is because he had already put the other one in the trailer for me. This was after he took Will's maraca out of their stroller and put it in the trailer.


Will decided to get in on the action.


And then decided it wasn't all that exciting after all.


They did some swinging. Will especially seems to be having fun here.


And Will got some sand on his face. This was after Beth had cooled him down with some water. We looked over at him and he was covered in sand. I'm not sure how it happened, but he didn't seem to mind.


This look cracks me up. We were packing up to go. This is a combination of "I'm not ready to go and I need a nap." Anders was almost asleep when we got home - it is about a 10 minute ride, so we did a quick diaper change and put him down for what I thought would be nice long nap after all the fresh air and playing in the sand. Hah! Not quite. I had just enough time to do a much needed mopping of the kitchen floor and he was back up. I bet he slept for maybe 45 minutes and then was visited by the Poop Fairy. Oh well. It was a really nice time at the park - thanks for meeting us Beth and Will!

2 comments:

W.F. Decker said...

Will looked like Anders in that last picture when we were finished with the timber framing class.

zinncaulfield said...

enjoyed all the photos. can't wait to see you guys in a month!