Monday, September 21, 2009

New Mamas

Around a year ago I made one of the best decisions ever. I signed up for the New Mama class at Amma Maternity. Through that class I met 6 really wonderful friends, who I'm quite certain helped me to get through this first year. The class lasted only 6 weeks, but we've continued to get together and see each other through the highs and lows of being new moms. Now, don't get me wrong, both of my sisters and my sisters-in-law have been a wonderful support system, but there is something about talking through stuff with other women who are going through the same thing at the same time. I love you all!


Look at these adorable babies a year ago. The babies were born from the end of July to the beginning of September, with Anders just missing being the youngest by 1 day. Ironically, Ellis, the baby of the group was the first to crawl and the first to walk! The babies in order from Anders counterclockwise are Mary, Stella, Arthur, Thomas, Owen and Ellis. So cute!


Here we are the New Mamas (we still refer to ourselves that way). I remember Anders was fussy that day and I had to walk around with him in the sling a lot.


So yesterday, Monica was nice enough to host a birthday party for all the babies. It was so fun to see them all together again! All but two are walking (Anders and Stella want to take it easy still). I hadn't seen many of the babies for a few months - I think it was snowing the last time I saw some of them. It was amazing how much they have changed. Here we have Mary, Owen, Stella and Ellis enjoying Thomas' toys. Also in the picture are New Mamas Tracey and Sarah and Caroline, whose mama Sara, got us all together through Amma Maternity.


Anders and Thomas enjoyed putting stuff in Thomas' stacking cups.


Arthur takes it all in here - the poor guy fell asleep right before getting to the party.


Anders took a break from the party to check out Stella's stroller.


This picture is so great - Monica opened up Thomas' Bee Bop Band toy and all of the kids came over to her from all parts of the room. It was both amazing and funny.


Here is Anders trying to make his Uncle Pete and Grandpa Dick proud. I wish I had a video of this - he was drumming like crazy!


New Mama Yesenia got all the kids balls and Sarah got them boats to play with in the bathtub.


And here is Ellis getting a new CD to rock out to. I actually think this might be a ploy to stop him from fighting with Owen over something. It was this point in the party (about 2.5 hours into it) that the kids all started to lose it. So we ran outside for some quick pictures.


Maybe next year we can get them to all lay still in a circle! Thanks for a great year ladies!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What fun! It's awesome that you found that group of moms, because you are totally right- there's just something about being in the same stage at the same time, especially when you are a new mom.

I liked the Anders drumming pic, btw.