Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Superdad!


So Tuesday is my day to stay home with Anders, I also work a half day from home Tuesday.
Today he took a nice three hour nap in the morning which allowed me to get a bunch of work done. So when he started his afternoon nap I decided to take one too.
When I woke up Anders was still asleep so I decided to do a little more work. He woke up soon but over the baby monitor it sounded like he was entertaining himself so I decided to finish up what I was doing. After about 10 minutes he started crying so I went to investigate.
I found him sitting in the middle of this:


First of all I'm not sure how he could reach the fish food. Several times I seen him try to do pull-ups on the fish tank to try to reach a pacifier or something else he's thrown up on top of it but he doesn't have the arm strength required to lift himself up. At least I don't think he does.
Second I'm not sure how he unscrewed the cap. It's not hard to do but he's never shown much ability to open containers.
Anyway, the good news is I don't think he ate very much of the fish food. Although you can see from this picture that he did manage a sample or two.

He was very sorry.
When I asked him how it tasted he got all excited:

After I got him cleaned up and changed the sheets we went out in the back yard, he explored while I wrote a couple emails.
After about 10 minutes I heard a bonking sound which I ignored until Anders started crying. I turned around to see what was up. It turned out that he was bonking his head on the bottom of my car which he was completely underneath. Obviously I didn't have time to get the camera which is unfortunate because it would've been a good shot.
So that was our day together, now I'm going to go put him to bed.



6 comments:

Betsy said...

You should make sure that everyone knows who writes which posts....though now that I see the title, I guess it's apparent.
Father of the Year!!!

Sarah said...

Good job, Superdad! It's ok- we all have those moments. I had my own Supermom moment today while a friend was visiting- you can read about it on my new post at the very end.

Goldenzinns said...

LOL! At least you are brave enough to fess up to these moments. I agree with Sarah, we all have had them. When Sandy was an infant I bonked her head into the doorjam. Maybe that explains some things. Not one of my proudest moments.

zinncaulfield said...

Cam just asked me tonight "When are we getting fish or frogs?" Now I know why we aren't! :)

Goldenzinns said...

From what I remember from my grad school courses on Embryology and Ichthyology, the first evidence of gill development is a small enlargement behind each ear.
WalMart sells a toddler sized mechanic's creeper complete with a padded headrest. Should I pick one up for Anders? I could also check to see if they have a kiddie oil filter wrench.

Anonymous said...

this is why they make playpens for kids - just a tip