Monday, December 22, 2008

The week in Review

It has been a while since we have posted anything.  We've been super busy.  I was supposed to go to IA to make cookies with my sister the weekend before this past one, but wasn't able to make it.  Instead I took that Friday off anyway, and Will and I did some stuff around the house and town.  Anders had a big weekend, rolling over for the first time on Friday, but you have probably seen the video of that.

Anders napped some with his flipper slippers on.


But not for long - here is the look I was getting when I took the camera down from my eye.  

And a few minutes later I came out to the living room to discover one slipper in his hand and one on the floor.  
Here he is getting into the holiday spirit with one of his cousin Henry's fun onesies.  I love it. 

To continue on the holiday spirit angle, we made WAY too many cookies that Sunday - I wore an apron I found at my Grandpa's house for the festivities.  Here we are making some fudge, while Will mixed up quadruple batches of both Spritz and sugar cookies.  I also made 7 layer bars, which were delicious. 

I promise that I did not let the baby get too close to the stove.  

Then on Monday it was really cold, little did I know that less than a week later it would be 5 degrees colder as I left work!

This is how you stay warm when it is that cold.  

Those are my Mukluks - they are very warm.  I also have my fingerless mittens that Joyce made me under those mittens.  One of the cool things about that Monday (other than the fact that it was my sister, Sarah's birthday - happy b-day Sare!) was that there was a super cool sundog on the way to work.  One side of it was so bright it was like there were 2 suns in the sky.  Look up sun dogs on wikipedia if you don't know what they are - I had never seen one until I moved to MN.  

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the pictures and description of Anders in his bouncy seat. So cute! We were wondering, though, was it 53 degrees inside your house? It looks like that's the reading on your weather station. Brrr!

zinncaulfield said...

Tom said about the picture of you Sam "It looks like something out of Star Wars." :) Love that Anders!

fredecker said...

Yes, it got really cold ion our house that night - it was worse when it was -17 out!

Betsy said...

That's colder than our house! I hope you have that little baby bundled up at night. Maybe he needs some full-leg mucklucks....(spelling please?) I think I do! Those are the hippest!
I can not wait to see that little guy! I hope he's ready for lots of squeezes and kisses!!!!