Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas in Minnesota

Will and I bought our house in July 1999.  I think my family came out for Christmas that year or maybe the next, but it was the one and only Christmas we have spent here at home.   This year we stayed home and had a quiet, lazy day with Anders and Lucy.  Anders looked very cute in his Christmas outfit and SmartWool socks (our favorite infant socks - they stay on).

Here is Anders showing us his cute behind.  


Here is one of his new toys from his Colorado grandparents.  I noticed today as I dressed him that he seems to have several cow things.  I'm not complaining - it is just funny how that happens.

Every thing goes in his mouth now.


This is where he hangs out while we eat.  He smiles a lot, but when you put the camera in front of your face, it throws him off sometimes.  This little outfit is from Hannah Anderson.  We have an outlet here and there is a big part of me that wants to brave today's crowds and head up there, but I won't.  Sarah B. if you are reading this, don't be surprised if I try to rope you into going shopping in Albertville in a few weekends!  Anders spent the day smiling and talking and pooping - I think we changed 5 or 6 poopy diapers yesterday, it was crazy.  He also fought going to sleep all day until 9 pm, by then he wasn't in such a great mood.  

Oh! He is sitting in my lap as I type and just pooped!  Sometimes we call him McPooperton.

Since it was just the two of us eating dinner and since I don't eat turkey and since it is hard to find small turkeys, we decided to try something non-traditional for dinner.

Sorry if I shocked anybody with that picture.  It was actually a shock to me when it got downloaded from the camera to my computer as I didn't know this was on the card.  Will bought a live lobster Wednesday and cooked it, thankfully while I was at work.  I had successfully avoided seeing any evidence of the poor thing until now (not counting dinner).  We had a yummy meal of a lobster pasta dish from Julia Child, fresh homemade bread, salad and great wine.  It was very nice.  

After dinner, I kicked Will's butt in Scrabble with words like witty, jute, plover, dusk and booze.  They were all high scoring words and it might have been my best game ever.  We played it on this awesome rotating Scrabble game that I got from my grandparents' house.  It is very cool.


Ok, I better go change this diaper.  Except he just fell asleep in my lap, I guess the blog is boring to him.  So all you moms out there - do you wake a baby who is taking a very rare nap to change a poopy diap?  This is one of those dilemmas I have sometimes.

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday and I hope you are enjoying a white winter like we are.  Sandy

Update:  I didn't change the diaper, but instead let him sleep in my lap while I shopped at Hannah Anderson's website.  Bad Sandy!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That first picture with Anders in his Bumbo seat is absolutely adorable. I love it!

zinncaulfield said...

Thanks for all the photos. We missed you guys a lot yesterday (and always!). Your dinner sounds yummy and I love that you guys played Scrabble!