Saturday, April 17, 2010

Big News

Anders and I went to Colorado last week - I was a little unsure about the flight, but Anders was super good even though the flight was during his nap. Luckily he napped a little earlier in the day and the flight is only about an hour and half long.

My parents picked us up and we headed over to Becky and Tom's house for the remainder of the afternoon and dinner. Apparently the flight wiped Anders out.


On Friday we headed to the Denver Zoo. Myles was ready for a day in the sun. The weather was perfect - mid to upper 60s and sunny.


Anders was all about holding cousin Cam's hand at the zoo. (He calls Cam "Na").


True to form, he was climbing fences.


And he was WAY into Myles (who he calls "My-mo").


Back at Grandma and Grandpa's house he enjoyed climbing into this cheap stroller I bought last year and then strapping himself in. This stroller was a total pain until my dad fixed the front wheels - they kept getting stuck sideways, but even when it was a pain, it was nice to have in the airport.


Anders also made lovely music for us. This is his very own set of bongos that Grandpa found for him at an antique store.


And he really enjoyed riding in the jeep in the big backyard Grandma and Grandpa have. I swear, their backyard is twice the size of ours - I cannot imagine what we would do with a yard that size. We would love it for sure.


Grandma, Anders and I took Sadie for a walk down to the play ground at the elementary school my sisters and I attended. As usual, Anders was all about the slides.


One day we went to the Denver Botanic Gardens. I worked there writing interpretive information for the exhibits when I was in college and hadn't been there since. Unfortunately I didn't have my MN Landscape Arboretum member card along, so I didn't get in free. I need to find that card...


Cam was a very good older cousin and hung out with Anders, keeping an eye him and playing with him. When we first sat down to eat there were tons of elementary and junior high school kids playing in this amphitheater and I told Cam that I really didn't want Anders to go down there. After lunch the kids had cleared out and as I suspected Anders got up from lunch and just started heading down hill. Cam was quick to try to stop him, but Anders is pretty fast. I tried to get a picture of him running down the hill, but I had our old camera as I wanted to take a smaller camera on the plane and it is just too slow.


After lunch we walking through the gardens. Anders was very interested in these tools.


He also decided to go down a different path than the rest of us. I love this picture with the flowers in the back ground. The other bummer about the old camera is that it doesn't take as nice pictures as the other one. I am very spoiled by that other camera - it is just too big to carry on the plane when I was loaded down with snacks and toys for Anders.


We saw some koi in the pond in the Japanese garden. Anders climbed right up to the top of the fence overlooking the pond. After this, I had to put him back in the stroller - he was just all over the place and there was a fair amount of running water and cacti around and I didn't feel like dealing with him after getting into either one of those.


This is our last night in Colorado having dinner at my parents house. He was very silly.



And now to some pictures from today. Anders rode on a tricycle with Cam in my parents house and seems to be even more interested in this old trike I bought at the flea market a few years ago. He can almost pedal it around and when he has shoes on, he can push himself around on his tip toes.


His hippie-hair, fly away and fine like mine.


And no more hippie-hair. Anders got his first hair cut today.


He was very, very good. No tears, no sudden moves. He didn't want to sit in the chair by himself, so he sat on my lap.


Checking out the new do.


And another first - an ice-cream cone. Or whatever you call the stuff you get from Dairy Queen. We rode our bikes over for the haircut and treats.


He got silly and decided to give his dad a kiss. It was very funny.



And then we stopped at a park on the way home. This is his first time swinging like this (instead of alone in a baby swing). It must have been tickling his tummy because he kept cracking up at random times.


And of course, he went down the slides. He had a big day - started it at 6:15, went to his new music class, and then crashed at 7 pm.


Oh and in case you didn't figure it out, the big news is that we finally cut his hair.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

For my birthday Anders can give me a copy of that picture on the trike so I can frame it.
XOXOXOXO!

Goldenzinns said...

Love the haircut. He looks so precious and glad it wasn't traumatic. Thanks again for coming. It was so fun seeing the pictures.

zinncaulfield said...

Wow, he looks so different w/ the haircut. It looks cute! Love the trike pic and the one of he and Will swinging. Great entry! Miss you guys!

Sarah said...

I love the haircut and the ice cream pictures!!! Those are just adorable! He looks like such a big boy with his hair shorter. What a doll. Looks like you guys had a fun time in CO- still sad we missed it!