Sunday, October 04, 2009

Race Day Weekend

My sister Sarah came up this weekend so that she and I could run the Twin Cities 10 mile race together. Here are some pictures from the weekend.


Oops, this is actually from Friday I think (based on what Anders is wearing). Obviously he and his dad were being kind of squirrelly.


It was a good Saturday, we went to music, Anders showed Aunt Sarah how he walks and the Hawkeyes won their game. I'm pretty sure they won because Anders was wearing looked so cool in this t-shirt and jeans.


For dinner Saturday night we had pasta with mizithra cheese and some high jinks.


It was delicious.


Anders uses the sign for please quite a bit now. It used to be just for food, but he now understands the concept beyond wanting more food. Here he is asking for Drew's new sunglasses.


And modeling them, looking really cool.

Sarah and I both had great races today. Sarah finished in 1 hour 25 minutes and I finished in 1 hour 28 minutes. This was even with being stuck behind a bunch of slow pokes and running our first mile in something like 10 minutes 15 seconds. We spent that first mile, or maybe two, getting around people. Our second mile was 9 minutes plus 15 or so seconds and we decreased our time each mile for the next few. I hope that I feel as good I did today when we do our 1/2 marathon in a few weeks.


Here Anders and Aunt Sarah are saying goodbye to each other. He blew her kisses and waved from the window as she left.


Anders has a new concentration face which involves letting his tongue hang out. He just started putting this clown stacking toy back together this week - he used to just take it apart.


He is very proud of himself when he gets done. He also says chickadee (I'm so proud). It is really rough, but he gets the number of syllables right and he seems to get the ch and the k sounds. He is very into watching our bird feeders and today I after added the ibird application to my new ipod (which Will got me for my b-day - thanks!) I played some bird songs, which got Anders looking around at the bird feeders. Right now we have only safflower in the feeders and it has generally kept the sparrows at bay and attracted chickadees, gold finches, a downy woodpecker, cardinals, white throated nuthatches, and now house finches. With the sparrows staying away from the feeders, the seed isn't going as quickly. Oh, that reminds me, today a chickadee seemed to be using a pair of Will's jeans hanging on the clothes line for a seed storage spot.


After dinner tonight there were some more high jinks. Anders has discovered my belly button, but I don't recall him paying attention to his own. Anyway, it is very exciting for him.


He also likes to crawl all over me when I am laying on the floor being lazy or stretching.


Here comes the flash!

6 comments:

W.F. Decker said...

What an outstandingly cool kid!

zinncaulfield said...

great job on he race! love all he pics

Sarah said...

Fun pictures! Thanks so much for letting me come up there this weekend and for running the race with me. It was a lot of fun- I had a blast getting to spend time with Anders (and you two adults, too, of course) and seeing his new tricks! See you guys in a couple of weeks for the half!

Goldenzinns said...

Great pictures and great run! What a cutie. Can't wait til you all come to Colorado.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I can't believe how big Anders is getting! He is so freakin' adorable! Thanks for the updates. I hope to see you in person soon. Way to go on the run too!