Thursday, October 05, 2006

Betsy left a comment to the last post about junk in the scout. I didn't take a picture of the junk but rest assured that there's a bunch of junk in there. Most of the junk is used parts but there are some interesting things like RCA cables and some plastic bases (like a cheap version of the bases they used to use in gym class for kickball.)
Today I managed to get the thing running for a bit. I don't have the fuel system totally finished yet but if you run a hose from a gas can to the fuel pump you can make things work as long as you don't try to drive anywhere. The battery is shot so I had to jump it from the TDI but it ran under it's own power for about 5 minutes. I had to keep the choke engaged about half way or it would die. Looks like I'll have to figure out how to tune an engine.
Here's a picture of the carburetor before I put it back together:


Here's a picture of the wonderwife running the TC's marathon on her 35th birthday. Her sister Sarah is in there somewhere too...

Her time was 4:31 or something like that, you can probably find it on the internet if you want. It wasn't her best ever but she seemed happy with it. After the race we had a big party with beer and homemade pizza.
All the activity helped me get over the football loss last Saturday.

No comments: